Ready-Mix Spray Plasters are a rapid, cost-effective alternative to traditional (manually mixed & manually applied) plaster for finishing external & internals walls and ceilings. They are formulated for machine application on fast-track & quality building projects. They are supplied as dry pre-mixed to the correct consistency for spray application by Plaster Machines. Ready-Mix Spray plastering has been used in Europe, UK, Far-East for many years and is quickly becoming a widespread alternative to traditional plastering due to both its economic benefits and rapid speed of application. What are the Major Differences between:
Cement-based: They are used mainly for outdoors, generally for rendering. Cement based plasters can be used indoors for areas that are susceptible to damp and areas that require a greater thickness of cover.
What Finishes are available in Ready-Mix Spray Plaster? Normally Ready-Mix Plasters are available in three finishes: Standard smooth Finish After spray plastering Base & Finish costs, the plaster is then manually smoothed over with large spatulas or butterfly trowels to give a smooth hard wearing finish
Fine Textured After spray plastering Base & Finish costs, the spray may be left to give a textured finish. Course Textured After spray plastering Base & Finish costs, the spray may be troweled to give a textured finish. For the texture finishes a hard wearing, water resistant material is used which does not need final decoration; ideal for high traffic areas such as stairwells and corridors.
What are the Ready-Mix Spray Plaster range? Normally 2 product ranges: Base Plaster: Filler and levelling compound for use over thin joint brick / block systems, uneven in-situ concrete and on refurbishment projects to fill cracks, holes and undulations
to prepare surface for final decoration. Normally applied upto 5-10 mm (max. 20 mm) thick in one application. 1 to 2 coats are recommended with 12-24 hrs drying between applications. This is applied using Uelzener Ready-Mix Plaster Machines. Finish Plaster: Normally applied upto 1-2 mm thick as a single top coat on Base Plaster or as a 2 coat finish directly onto smooth backgrounds including pre-cast panels, Aircrete panels, composite boards, and/or refurbishment over previously decorated surfaces. This is applied using Uelzener Ready-Mix Plaster Machines.
What is the Coverage of Ready-Mix Spray Plaster? Base Plaster: Normally 1.52.0 Kg per m2 at 1 mm thickness Finish Plaster: Normally 1.35-1.5 Kg per m2
Where can Ready-Mix Spray Plaster be used? Ready mix plaster can be applied to almost any substrate including brick work, block work, concrete panels, dry lining, plaster boards, ceramic tiling, artex, wood, glass, steel, old / damaged plaster, and even painted wall coverings (e.g. woodchip).
Why should you use Ready-Mix Spray rather than traditional on-site plastering? What are the benefits of Ready-Mix Spray Plaster using UELZENER German Spray Plastering Machines?
* The plaster is supplied pre-mixed to the correct consistency for spray application. * Flexible products: Less likely to crack than plaster skim coats. Final surface is less prone to cracking than traditional plaster. It accommodates normal thermal movement without flaking or chipping.
* Non-reactive with all substrates including lime plasters and sand and cement renders. * Offers moisture resistance so suitable for kitchens, bathrooms and changing areas. * Hard Wearing: The material can be specified to be high density and water resistant so is ideal for use in high wear areas such as school and hospital corridors and stair wells. * Specifications: Confirming to DIN, EN, British Standards for Fire Integrity, Acoustic & Thermal performance & Mechanical strength.
* It absorbs and subsequently releases moisture (5-10% of its own weight in water) greatly reducing the incidence of condensation and mould growth.
* Insulation properties.
* Can be applied by the same teams applying paint finishes
Speed & Cost¦
* The use of ready mix plastering over traditional plastering techniques offers significant savings during the project by significantly reducing construction time by optimizing internal fit-out. Its fast! A two man team can cover between 200 and 500 m2 per day (typically 2-4 times faster than traditional plastering techniques) depending on the substrate. Upto 1,000 m2 per week can be finished by a three man gang.
* Surfaces can be emulsion painted 24-48 hrs after final coat (saving project time and cost). * White surface finish reducing paint coats required (saving project time and cost). * Material can be tinted the same colour as the decoration reducing maintenance requirements over a long period (saving project time and cost). * Ease of Access: Heights of upto 3.0-3.5 meters can be plastered without the need for scaffolding or platforms, although brick/block work & surface preparation may require scaffolding (Health and Safety).